Friday, July 26, 2013

My Molly


In the early morning I reach for my coffee and devotionals and sit quietly in my office.  Molly loves to run upstairs before me, and she always brings her toy along with her.  I know she is planning on playing with me.  We bought her a Kong which seems to last a long time with all the pulling and biting on it.  Kongs are great for dogs and well worth the money!

This particular morning she was looking at me and I was able to catch this cute picture shown above.  When I call her sometimes, she lifts her head and listens to her name being called. 

We are enjoying our daily walks together and on the last few we have had a lone deer run right out in front of us.  Both times we were surprised by this and I did grab hold tightly of Molly's harness since I could see she would love to be able to run after the deer.

I have learned from volunteering at Freedom Service Dogs, that the harness is best for dogs.  A leash on a collar can do damage to their necks and a harness is very secure.  We purchased a Kong harness for Molly..... it has an extra handle on the top of it which I love to use.

Kong products are wonderful and you can buy them at any local pet store.  Make sure to take your pup out for a walk this weekend.  You both will benefit!

No comments:

Post a Comment