Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wondering about Cinder



Not too long ago, I had the wonderful privilege of fostering sweet CINDER.  I was asked to take care of her for Freedom Service dogs and her foster dad who was out of the country at the time.

She was with us one week, and then another four....long enough to get attached to her.  I cannot tell you how she took hold of my heart.  I also had her for one week when she was a small puppy....she was extremely cute!

She presently is in the Canine Prison training system to be a therapy dog for someone.  I don't know why, but I think about her every day.  I wonder what she is learning and how that trainer will learn to love her just as I have. 

There just was something special about her.... her look and her nature.  She had a gentleness about her.... a kindness.

Everyone who met her thought she was special....I don't know why I was so lucky to have her, but I just know that there will forever be a hole in my heart where she was, and I will never forget her time spent with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment