Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sunflowers



I don't know about you, but I love sunflowers.  It is the time of year where they are blooming all around the paths that I walk on with Molly in Idyllwilde.  She of course doesn't see them as I do, but they are a welcome sight.  Did you ever notice that a sunflower is ALWAYS turned towards the sun? 

I love their color and their stalks are tall and sway with the wind.... they seem so happy and full of joy too!   I love when I see a bunch together, all looking at me as if to say: have a day filled with joy!

There are many wildflowers blooming as well, and if you walk early enough you will see the deer.  The other morning we saw a baby and it's mama.  The baby ran off, but the mama keep her focus on Molly and I.  I am positive she wanted to make sure we didn't come too close and that her baby was protected!.

Even though we are bound to get hot days here, I love the cool of the early morning and so does Molly.  We seem to walk faster and cover more ground together.  Enjoy this time of year.... it will be gone before we realize .... it is truly a blessing for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment