Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Enjoying All the Pups!


It has been such a blessing this summer to be around so many pups for days at a time.  Maybe some do a pet sitting job just for the sake of the job.  For me, I am learning that GOD can open my heart big enough to let all the love in from each sweet pup I take care of.

My heart still grieves for the loss of my sweet Charlie who we had for 11 years.  I can think of him and instantly the tears come....


I certainly won't forget all the fun and love I received from a Freedom service dog named Cinder.  She was one of a kind and will someday be a Therapy Dog for Camp Bow Wow.


And I won't forget seeing Gander graduate with Lonnie, his new owner on stage at Freedom.  He was nominated for Service Dog of the year and came in second place.  He is becoming very well known, has his own Facebook page and is on Instagram as well.  It was a joy to meet him and now follow all that he does for Lonnie and as a therapy dog too!


Over a year ago I retired from teaching Figure Skating.... and now I have a new passion.  Dogs and cats too, are such a gift for us of unconditional love.  If you are one of the lucky ones to own a ball of love, may you never take it for granted!

And on my free days, my Molly and I go for long walks together.... she never leaves my side and we are so blessed by this dog who we rescued... but I really believe she found us!

No comments:

Post a Comment