Thursday, September 11, 2014

WE are Enjoying our Walks here in Arizona!


Molly and I have settled into a routine here in Arizona.  Our schedule of course has changed since we left Colorado.  There I could wait until late morning to walk her, however, now we walk as early as 6:30a.m. to catch the cool of the day.

We recently took a trip up to beautiful Sedona and I made sure I took Molly to the vet before we went.  The vet suggested a flea and tick application due to the wildlife in the mountains.  In Colorado we have this too, but I found I never had to worry about it and I never found a tick on my dog.

Make sure when you are traveling that you are familiar with the terrain and what comes with it.  After all the monsoon rain we have had here (5 inches this last Monday!) we are now on the lookout for the Sonoran toad here.  It grows to 7 inches long so it is quite large and evidently it lives in the ground.  Anyway, it is deadly to a dog - just picking one up in the mouth is bad news and an immediate trip to the vet must happen. As we walk I am quite vigilant about looking for them and we do check the yard whenever Molly goes potty.  

Being a dog lover and owner is such a blessing......but as an owner it is our responsibility to educate ourselves in order to keep our pets safe.  Soon fall will come and we all can get out and enjoy many walks together - stay safe in your journey!



Enjoy the Journey!
Molly & Maxine  

No comments:

Post a Comment