Friday, September 20, 2013

FALL is Coming!


Fall will be here before we know it....there are subtle changes happening in my neighborhood.  It is darker in the a.m., the air is cooler and yesterday I noticed some trees starting to change.  Most people will tell you that Fall is their favorite time of year, but it always makes me kinda sad realizing that winter is not far behind.  I am definitely a fair weather girl and I love summer and the heat!

I am currently watching some pups for a friend who lives near me.... the best part is that I can drive to her house or walk.  The walk takes me about a half hour to get from my door to hers!

The other day I was walking along a path that connects my neighborhood to hers.  There is a wide open space with pasture next to this path, and I noticed that someone had put up a gate that I could walk though, but with a sign that said: CATTLE CROSSING, MAKE SURE TO CLOSE GATE!  This was new to me so I took note of it.

On my way back I had to go through the gate again, and just as I  arrived the owner of that pasture was walking with a whole herd of cows following behind him.  They were right at my level and were looking at me and mooing - they were so beautiful with their big brown eyes!  So this gentlemen and I exchanged words about the weather and how he was taking care of his cows and moving them to higher ground since we had experienced so much rain!  He was a happy man and it was so interesting to see his cows following him!  This encounter made my day for sure.  My only regret is that I didn't have my sweet Molly with me....I would have loved to see her reaction!

Enjoy every day as it comes.....Fall will be here soon, and before we know it, the snow will be flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment