Monday, May 20, 2013

Remembering CHARLIE



I recently took my new rescue to the vet - it was a beautiful day outside, sunny and warm.  As I was sitting there waiting for Molly to get her nails trimmed and her Heartworm test done, I couldn't help but look outside the open window and remember....

You see a year ago this week, we had to put our beloved Charlie down and the day was very much like this day in the vet office on that visit.

Of course the tears came..... grief will do that to you.  Even with all the love of Molly and all the dogs I am blessed to be around at Freedom Service Dogs, there is still an ache for the one....

Charlie was a loyal lab, full of fun and love.  I would give anything to look into his huge brown eyes again.  But for now, I can't.  He has gone and has crossed over the Rainbow Bridge.

In my heart I believe there will be dogs in heaven.... their unconditional love for us is a small reflection of GOD'S love for us!

For now then, this is written for you Charlie, in your honor this month.  You gave us so much love for 11 years and you will never be forgotten.  Thank you for being by my side through all the ups and downs of life.   We will always love you.  Bless your sweet and gentle doggie heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment